Call for Abstracts –
submit by 10th July (extended deadline) has closed
We would like to thank you for submitting your abstract for the 10th International Seminar on Medical Physics and AMDI’s 1st International Oncology Symposium.
The Organising Committee is delighted with the number and quality of submissions received and looks forward to your important contribution and attendance at what will be an excellent conference.
The list of presenters has been updated on the website (http://iosismp2016.net/submit-abstract/accepted).
The full programme is currently under development and will be published on the website at the end of July. A separate notification email announcing the program launch will be sent to the authors of accepted abstract, and would enable presenters to check the presentation date and time.
>Confirmation of Acceptance
It is a requirement that all presenters register and pay to attend the conference. Payment of registration is a condition of presenting at IOS ISMP 2016. We require you to have registered ASAP and made the payment no later than 31 July 2016 to ensure your inclusion in the program. Details of the conference fees and methods of payment are available on the conference website.
Please register via our online registration form: http://iosismp2016.net/registration
##########ABSTRACT SUBMISSION HAS CLOSED############
We are calling for Abstracts for Oral or Poster Presentation for both Oncology and Medical Physics, and relevant areas.
Before submitting an abstract, we would welcome you to register as a delegate at the registration page.
All abstracts for IOS & ISMP 2016 must be submitted via the EasyChair submission site:
Do ensure to read the instruction below before submission. You will be able to edit and resubmit your abstract as many times as necessary before the submission deadline (extended to 27 June 2016).
The theme of the International Oncology Symposium (IOS) is ” The Way Forward in Multimodality and Targeted Therapies”.
The topics include Head & Neck , Thoracic, Upper Gastrointestinal, Colorectal and Breast Oncology and other releveant clinical (e.g. radiology, nuclear medicine) and fundamental science (e.g. cancer biology) research. You may submit for poster or oral presentation a case study, case series, retrospective or prospective study, audits etc.
The theme of International Seminar on Medical Physics (ISMP) is “Fostering research and clinical practice for better healthcare”.
There are two main topics in ISMP 2016:
1) Radiotherapy (Radiotherapy technology, Protons and heavy Ions, Brachytherapy, Radiobiology, Dosimetry, Quality assurance, Image-guided radiotherapy, Radionuclide therapy, Radiation shielding, Monte Carlo simulation)
2) Imaging (Diagnostic radiology, Interventional procedures, MRI, Ultrasound, Dose estimation, Radiation shielding, Nuclear medicine imaging, Hybrid modalities, Quality assurance, Diagnostic reference levels, Image quality)
The Scientific Committee of the Symposium will review your abstracts and will select those successful to be presented during the Symposium. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to designate an accepted abstract as oral or poster presentation.
General guidelines for abstract submission
• Abstracts must be prepared according to the format here. Submissions will be returned to the author if not in the correct format and must be resubmitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
• Only the presenting author may submit the abstract.
• Abstract must be typed in Microsoft Word template provided and submitted in PDF format through our online submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iosismp2016
• A pictorial step-by-step guide to submit the abstract via the online submission page is available from here.
• If you do not receive a confirmation email with a submission number confirming that your abstract was successfully uploaded within a week of your abstract submission, please send an email with the subject “Enquiry: Abstract submission” to email@example.com.
• The presenting author of the accepted abstracts will be notified on 15 July 2016.
• The presenting author is required to confirm their conference registration by paying the conference fees to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program – deadline for full payment is 29 July 2016.
• Instructions on the preparation or the format of poster presentation and oral presentation will be sent to authors upon notification of the abstract’s acceptance, together with the notification of full paper submission.
• The Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorise the abstract’s presentation preference (oral or poster) and topic. Please note that the final decision on the presentation format and topic rests with the Scientific Committee.
• Invitation for Publication | Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper (the extended length of your abstract) of their work (not compulsory) soon after the conference (deadline 26 September 2016). Fees for the paper submission should be made by the end of the conference if you wish to submit the extended length of your abstract. Good papers will be published in the IOP Journal of Physics Conference Series (http://conferenceseries.iop.org/). The full paper will be peer-reviewed and if accepted are fully citeable.
Abstract content guideline
• Abstracts must be submitted in English using the Microsoft Word template provided. The file has to be converted to PDF for submission.
• The following layout should be followed:
• Title: Abstract titles should be brief and reflect the content of the abstract. It should be in sentence case, bold, Times New Roman, size 12 point font and left justified. Do not use capital letters in the title except for words that are always capitalised and do not use non-standard abbreviations. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
• Authors names: The presenting author is underlined with superscript numbers for institution. Do not include degrees or professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof. etc.). Authors section to be left aligned, Times New Roman, size 12 point font.
• Authors affiliation: Corresponding to the superscript numbers, names of institutions should follow, including city, state, postcode and country (in this order). Authors affiliation to be left aligned, Times New Roman, size 10 point font, italics.
• The abstract body: The abstract should contain original information and should briefly include the purpose, methods, result(s) and conclusion(s) of the study. Tables, graphs, images and references must not be included. The abstract body should not exceed 250 words. If exceeding the word limit the abstract will be returned for re-submission. Abstract text must be in Times New Roman, 12 point font size, single-spaced and left and right justified and in a single paragraph. Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
• References to be included after the abstract body if citation(s) was/were made in the abstract body. Left aligned and in Times New Roman font, size 12 point font.
• Contact Author: At the conclusion of the abstract text, a contact author and email address must be listed, e.g., Contact author: John Doe; JD@gmail.com
• Acknowledgement: Acknowledgements at the end of the abstract left aligned and in Times New Roman font, size 12 point font.
• Keywords: You should specify at least three keywords
|10th July 2016||Deadline for Submission of abstracts|
|15 July 2016||Last day of confirmation of accepted abstracts by the conference organiser|
|31 July 2016||Last day of registration and payment for presenters (oral and poster) and delegates|
|27 & 28 August 2016||Symposium|
|26 Sept 2016||Last day of full paper submission|